The Brief Style

Original


Tell General Howard I know his heart. I am tired of fighting. Our chiefs are killed. Looking Glass is dead. Too-hul-hul-Shute is dead. The old men are all dead. It is the young men who say yes or no. He who led on the young men is dead. It is cold and we have no blankets. The little children are freezing to death. My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are—perhaps freezing to death. I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find. Maybe I shall find them among the dead. Hear me, my chiefs. I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will fight no more forever.

--Chief Joseph's Surrender Speech, 1877
















Summary

Everything sucks and I surrender. 


Blind Re-Write

Tell General Howard I know his heart. My warriors are dead. My family is dead. The old men are dead. The young men are dead. Some of my people are starving and freezing; they will soon be dead if I continue fighting. I would like to have time to search for my kin; How many are left? Maybe I will search in the realm of the dead. The remaining young men command themselves as all the old men are dead. My fellow chiefs, I ask you to stop fighting. If you continue, then there will soon be no one left to honor the dead.


My Paragraph in Style


I am tired of Naruto filler episodes. I have trudged through ridiculous filler after ridiculous filler; yet, only a dent in the mountain. The never ending barrage of episodes with no relevance to the plot has worn me down. However, I know that time after time, I will still trudge back to the computer to watch another. I am dedicated to finishing the show. No amount of ninja ostriches can change that.


Comments

Popular Posts