Homework: Thanksgiving

Over Thanksgiving break, I had surgery on my frenulum. The frenulum is the little thing that attaches your tongue to your mouth. My frenulum was too attached to my tongue, and I had to get it cut because it was making it harder to pronounce the letter R. I don’t really understand why, but my parents told me I had no choice.

I went to the hospital and got in this waiting room. After a while, they took me to the pre-operating room, where I met a bunch of people involved in my surgery, got to choose a mask scent, and played video games for a while. When it was time, they wheeled me into the operating room and put me to sleep. Later, I woke up in the recovery room.

I was really worried because it was my first surgery, and I thought that it would hurt, but it turned out to be okay. I was on pain medications for a while, which made it feel better. I could only eat soft food for a while, which sucked, but now I can chew again. I have healed a lot and will soon be completely normal.

Comments

Popular Posts